Poconos on Film IV
Shot on location in Milford, PA in October, 2014. Pictured: Milford Diner, Hotel Fauchere, and Main St. Not pictured: Water Wheel Cafe, Patisserie Fauchere, and the Milford Theater - home of the Black Bear Film Festival.
Milford was founded in 1796 after the American Revolutionary War as a United States settlement on the Delaware River by Judge John Biddis, one of Pennsylvania's first four circuit judges. He named the settlement after his ancestral home in Wales.
Milford has a large number of historical significant buildings, many constructed in the nineteenth century and early twentieth centuries. Some are listed on the National Register of Historic Places, while numerous others are included in the Milford Historic District, also listed on the NRHP. Of the 655 buildings in the district, 400 of them have been deemed to be historically significant. The district is characterized by a variety of Late Victorian architecture, as well as Mid-19th Century Revival, and Late 19th and 20th Century Revivals.